Calling all teens! Let your voice be heard—help create the teen experiences you would like to see at the Plano Libraries by joining the Plano Public Library System Teen Street Team (TST). TST is made up of teen volunteers from across Plano who actively promote teen library services to their peers, and participate in creating and implementing teen library programming.
You will develop leadership skills, learn to work as a team, and earn community service hours. Opportunities for service hours will include attending TST meetings, completing special projects using the libraries’ media labs, as well as planning, promoting, and presenting teen library programs.
What is Teen Street Team?
- A group of teens whose goal is to create, plan, promote, and present teen library programming
- Perks include volunteer hours and opportunities for free advance copies of books
- TST members in good standing may request a personalized letter of recommendation
Requirements to Join:
- Ages 13-18
- Attend ALL monthly meetings
- Be friendly and enjoy meeting new people
- Be willing to participate in discussions and voice your opinions
- Be willing to respect the opinions, tastes, privacy, and choices of others
- Be willing to promote library programming through word of mouth as well as on social media
- TST meets the 3rd Tuesday of every month during the academic school year
- Attendance is mandatory
- Beginning June 1, 2017, download a 2017-2018 TST Application, or pick up one in person at any Plano Library. Applications are due Friday, June 30. You can download the application here.
- Read all of the information about TST and fill out the entire application. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Submit your application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop your completed application at any Plano Library. Deadline for applications is Friday, June 30, 2017.
- TST librarian advisers will review all applications and contact qualified applicants via email with further instructions by Friday, July 7, 2017. Keep an eye on your email, or you could miss out!
If you have any questions regarding Teen Street Team, email Trish Clark, Youth Services Librarian, at email@example.com or call 972-769-4200 and ask for Trish.